Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Year and an Half

Last January I said I would be writing more. I intended to, I even had a whole blog set up for my new house to be, all the projects had been laid out and had percentage bars all set to receive awardment for the day. (I know, but damn it sounds so good…) So what happened? We had 100% financing guaranteed, and then the inspector inspected. Well the house was no longer a single family home, and couldn’t be financed without 10% down, which we didn’t have, we were a couple of grand short. So the seller kept our $500 good faith money since we couldn’t buy it. In my opinion really stinks because we had guaranteed backing until they changed the rules on us. So we lost are 3 story not including attic and basement Victorian fixer upper. Then I got pregnant, so on one tiny hand it was a blessing to lose the house, but I still want it.

Here’s what else happened:
Lots of doctor appointments, my fiancĂ© (now husband) got sick, more appointments, still trying to sell house, wedding planning, still trying to sell house, doctor’s appointments, wedding, honeymoon, daughter starting school, daughter getting in trouble at school, doctor appointments for my daughter, ADHD for my daughter, appointments every week for medication for daughter, still doctor’s appointments for me, baby is born, more doctors appointments for baby, appointments for me, appointments for daughter’s eyes, she now has ADHD and lazy eye, Thanksgiving, Christmas, daughter still has at least one appointment a month, my birthday, one year since we lost our Victorian house, daughter’s birthday, still going to appointments, kindergarten graduation, stepson’s high school graduation, summer vacation, and now getting ready for our mountain vacation and daughter’s eye surgery.

I have been pretty busy. I got a new computer somewhere in there, and new furniture which is a whole other story. We still live in the same house. My husband is fine they say, although they never did figure out what was wrong. My computer is supposed to be this nice machine, but something is wrong with it. Going to have to have it repaired sometime. I have some work I am going to do on this house so that if and when the housing market actually comes back to life it will be ready. Our house lost half of its value in 6 months by the way. Everyone wants to fool themselves and say oh no one is giving loans right now because of credit. That isn’t it, if banks don’t give loans there is no bank. The loans people want cannot be covered with the house the person owns anymore most likely. So I have been busy, even if it wasn’t writing here but I am going to try at least once a week. Once a week doesn’t sound as hard to manage…

No comments: