Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another Day, Another Ailment...

Well at least that is how it feels now that I actually am getting older. I remember sitting across the desk from the doctor I had after I got out of the military. I was 23, and he's excuses for me feeling the way I did was I was getting older. I could have jumped across the desk to strangle him every time he said it. I was 23 years old and my great grandfather was having any easier time getting around. Those doctors the military medical insurance pay for are really something, it seems they don't really give a hoot because everything is 100% covered.

Anyway, I had noticed my eyesight just isn't what it use to be and after finally getting some insurance to cover it, (although the VA probably does cover eyes, I am afraid of the frames I would be stuck with. If any of you have seen pictures of bootcamp with soldiers or Marines in their glasses, this is not a fashion statement...) Well normally, when ever that chart flashes near or far I can spout them of like I had them memorized. When he put them on yesterday I realized just how bad my eyes had gotten in the past couple of years, and I couldn't see crap, at least not at a distance. Up close I could read the print written by ants, but far away YIKES. So I have to wear glasses now, but they aren't in yet. The only people I had with me were my 6 year old daughter and my 8 month old son. Everything I tried on looked like a teacher to her, and I was suppose to look like a mommy, and the only thing he was saying was he just wanted to go home and lay down because he had been out and about all day. These are not reliable sources of whether you look like a dork or not. I guess in a week and a half we will all see...

No comments: