Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

The old man can finally sleep after days of lies from the weather man. It has been suppose to storm for at least the past three days. Yesterday the extent was maybe three small claps of thunder, but not a drop of rain. Not a single drop we were told to expect from the forecasts. I think the town I live in resides itself in a small belt or window in which the rain refuses to fall for the most part. It either rains one county north of us, or across the river which is two counties away if you count the span of this one. The weather reports are from across the river, but my husband said it didn't rain there either. He works on their side of the river.

Last month half of this state was drowned in 11 inches of rain in a few hours, we didn't get a single drop. My husband wasn't concerned with the flooding because we didn't see any rain so there for it must not of happened. One county above us they were evacuating. My sister had to hop in her ambulance to help move people from a hospital. By the time she had moved one the roads were closed and she couldn't get back to help anymore. An old friend from high school lost her apartment and both her cars in a flash flood. Then it started raining in Iowa and people forget half the state of Indiana had flooded out. I don't know how much of the state of Iowa is flooded but from my understanding it just seems to be along the Mississippi. I could be wrong, but if I am right that is not half a state. I just find it odd that even with disasters we are only interested in the latest thing. Not that Iowa shouldn't be getting attention, but I don't believe the people of Indiana should have been so hastily forgotten.

No comments: