Friday, June 27, 2008

The Gym

I finally went. My husband has been paying for it for months, but I always have the kids with me and even though they have a kid watch I wouldn't subject those poor people to watching my daughter. If her own grandmother has a very hard time not refusing to keep her for the weekend, why heap that on to someone else?

So at 5:15 AM my alarm went off, and for anyone out there that knows me: Yes, I was asleep and no I was not just taking a nap. I was actually pretty motivated for someone that hadn't seen the inside of a gym in 6 years. I did leave a bit later than I had intended because I was checking out the blogs, but I got there, and that is all that matters.

I didn't work out very long, little over half an hour. I didn't want to completely kill myself because I knew I wouldn't go back. I warmed up on the bike, the one were the pedals are way out in front of you. My feet didn't like that at all, but I made it through the warm up and tried to do the elliptical next. I failed. I was on maybe 3 minutes and had to stop. I went to the tread mill after that and started it out very slow because even that three minutes killed my thighs, but I got it up to a bit above normal walking speed on an incline. I finished out there, walked a cool down, and went home.

My muscles were decently tired, but I wasn't in pain. I figure for a first day why go all out, ruin the whole experience and the weekend. The main thing is I feel good about it, which means I'll be there bright and early on Monday.

So why did I finally go? I have always been a stick. During pregnancies I gain A LOT of weight, and then it takes a while for it to go away, but it goes away on it's own. I have a high school reunion coming up. I don't have time to wait. Another reason is that I have a friend that lost the weight she wanted to and she looks FABULOUS and I am a little jealous. Only in the way that motivated me to get off my rear end and do something like I have been saying I would. So hopefully I can at least lose a few pounds. Honestly I feel great. I know it didn't but when looking at myself I think I look better all ready. And shouldn't I, I took the first step in getting healthy and looking my best.

Just a tidbit, I don't know how much I weight nor do I care to know. I am not looking to get a set weight or size, I just want to feel better about myself.

No comments: